Pages

March 14, 2012

The vest...

Well...it's not done, yet. I wanted to change the neck, from a scoop neck to a v-neck, but am not feeling brave enough to alter the pattern. So, here's what I've got so far:Tune in next week...hopefully, for a finished vest for my 2 month old nephew! Join in the "yarn along!"

As for reading, I have been on a political "kick"...

I finished Nineteen Eighty-Four and thought that it was a good book, if you think about the fact that it was written in 1949...from that perspective, it is quite interesting, and overall, I thought it was scary, for the fact that government or a dictator can have so much control over others...I was very disappointed by the ending!

I read Anthem (written in 1938, a beautiful novella, short and with a wonderful message) and then Atlas Shrugged (written in 1957, a long novel, too long in my opinion, but good in that it is thought provoking) by Ayn Rand almost a year ago. Next on my list is The Fountainhead (which she wrote in 1943).
My husband painted a patch of chalkboard paint on the wall for each of the girls...they love it. We have some egg-shaped chalk that my cousin gave us!

P.S. Just want to let you know, that we've been talking about moving to Arizona, as they apparently are the only state not observing the Daylight Savings Time (which I really really dislike)! There is someone here in Ohio working on stopping DST. I wish we could defy it, but then, we'd be an hour late to church, dance class and karate...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That vest is going to be really cute.

Michelle M. said...

How funny about Arizona! I think a lot of people would want to move there if they knew that tidbit of info.

Spinneretta said...

I understand you on DST. I hate the change. I love the later evenings, but wish they would pick one and STICK to it!

Mimi said...

I really couldn't handle living in Arizona, I hate the heat, but not observing DST is awfully tempting.
There's Hawaii too.

Cheryl said...

I read 1984, years ago and the story still "haunts" me, if that is the right word. Great book.

Love the idea of painting a chalk board. Wonder where I could paint one.

Ellen said...

What a great idea about the chalkboard paint in their rooms. Convenient and fun. Wow, that is one bright sweater. Looking forward to seeing it finished - looks like it'll be soon.

Mama Shara said...

we don't have daylight savings in our state thank goodness! But it is in most other states of Australia. Every few years some people kick up a fuss about changing our state to be in line with the others, but it never happens and hopefully it stays that way!

Lori ann said...

your vest is looking good, it's almost done! and love the chalkboard paint!

Melanie said...

I love Arizona! DST is such an adjustment for as well.