Pages

April 27, 2012

Mint, rosemary and sage...

We plucked the leaves off some of our mint yesterday to make mint butter.  If you can read the recipe in lower left hand corner you can make your own.  It's in our freezer right now, wrapped up like a nice little log, ready for us to slice.  I'm thoroughly enjoying the Crabtree & Evelyn cookbook I borrowed from the library earlier this week...and I just rubbed their La Source hand therapy onto my hands, which were quite dry.
Our chickens are doing okay...Nutmeg faithfully lays a brown egg everyday, Clementine lays a greenish-blue one about once a week now.  She has had some illness on and off for a while, little bubbles form in her left eye and mat down the poufy feathers.  That's the problem with being beautiful.  She is more friendly, though and seems very happy!  
Can you see the purple flowers on our sage?  And below, you'll see my rosemary, which I brought inside for the winter....it looked like it wasn't going to make it, but there is new growth!!!
Oh, doesn't this menu look lovely?  And these vegan pizzas?  This weekend, I plan to make Potted Salmon (like a pate, to spread on bread) on page 149 from this cookbook.  ♥ I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

that looks so nice! yummm....