Pages

April 13, 2012

Holy Week

Today, we heard the Gospel about how the people placed a crown of thorns on the head of Jesus and crucified Him. I'm trying to answer the girls questions of WHY did they do this to Him? And in reply I asked them if someone said that they were God, today, would you believe that person?
Yesterday, we decorate the kulich we baked. I squeezed lemon juice from some lemons and added confectioner sugar. Then atop, placed almonds and raisins. In the background of that picture you can see Olivia taking out an egg that we hard boiled in a pot with yellow onion skins. Aren't they pretty?
This is Mariah, the cat my sister and I brought home when we were high schoolers about 18 years ago. She was a kitten then. She's getting old, but she is doing okay...she loves to bask in the sun. Neither my sister nor I live there anymore, but my parents take good care of her.

I am thankful for so many wonderful things in our lives, for Christ our God, for my family and friends, plants that nourish us and give us shade as well as animals who help us to learn how to love. God is generous. ♥

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

children's questions...bright traditions and gratitude... thank you for sharing

Rebeca said...

A blessed Pascha to you and yours!

Martha said...

Thank you...Pascha has been wonderful so far! ♥