Pages

May 8, 2015

Mother's day is coming...

 
Olivia made me these earrings at a workshop at the library across the street. She couldn't wait to give them to me on Mother's day.  I love them!  They used a doodler pen, which is like a glue gun, but takes thin rods of colored plastic and melts them.

This past Sunday, I got terra cotta pots and paint, this coming Sunday we will plant flowers in them for the children to give to their mothers.
Velvet loves being outside when the weather is nice, but she spends half of the time in and half of the time out.
We planted the garden and I wasn't happy to see the chickens escaped and got into the row of carrots for their dirt "bath" BUT I had to admit they were pretty cute!  ♥  As you can see, we have lots of maple seeds that have fallen into our yard from the neighbor's tree.  Every year, this happens and we have to weed and pull up silver leaf maple seedlings.
I hope you remember your mother's love this Sunday, and if you are a mother, enjoy spending time with your children.  I'm finding that my girls (11 and 13) are growing up faster than I imagined, they are independent in so many ways. 

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

what cute earrings!!! yes, kids grow up so quickly! God bless your family now and always! <3

Mama Shara said...

Very sweet earrings! Happy Mothers Day <3 - hope you're well!

Mimi said...

Oh, those earrings are adorable.
Happy Mother's Day, my friend

rileyfamily96 said...

Hi Martha! I think about you and your family quite often.. I think its the birthdays and this time of year! I would love to catch up with you:)